Skip to content
Richard Bong State Recreation area and the other Wisconsin DNR properties are great places to explore anything kids can imagine about nature. Go on an outdoor adventure. Learn about local wildlife and habitats. Discover history. Explore new interests. Practice outdoor recreation skills. Experience real places. Create memories that last a lifetime.
Check out all these great ideas!
- Attend a naturalist program or become a Knee-high naturalist-click here for info—Click here for info
- Earn a Wisconsin Explorer patch – Click here for info
- Play in the Nature Explore Classroom—Click here for info
- Hike, canoe, kayak, bike or swim.
- Fly a kite
- Camping? Ask at the entrance station how to camp with Smokey Bear or check out the Forest Forever Park Pack. Both are loaded with fun, hands-on activities.
- See live animals and nature exhibits when you explore the nature center and Solarium, hours vary.
- Attend a rocket launch or launch your own
- Fish! If you don’t have your own equipment, borrow ours for free. If you are 16 or older, don’t forget your license.
- Check out these great self-guided adventures – Click here for info
- Sled, ski or play in the snow
- Hunt or bring your dirt bikes and ATV’s to ride—make sure to check all the rules! Click here for the RULES